Sample RFPs, Contracts, and Grantee Agreements
Foundations can find here sample RFPs, scoring rubrics, and letters of agreement that can be adapted to initiatives and other contexts.
Requests for Proposals
Foundations may choose to release an RFP related to whole family work in order to encourage partnerships across grantees that result in a whole family approach.
Below are sample RFPs and scoring rubrics, where available, that can be adapted for individual foundation contexts.
- Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona’s annual request for proposals included a focus on two-generation, whole family approaches.
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation: STEPS, Supporting Transitions to Employment for Parents, was an initiative focused on whole family approaches to employment that eventually funded six workforce organizations to implement pilot projects in partnership with early childhood centers. You can download the RFPs, or the Scoring Rubric for Proposal Submissions.
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati invested a portion of its funds on family-centered, two-generation approaches.
- The National Association of Workforce Boards and Innovate + Educate released a family-centered employment RFP for a learning community among workforce boards.
Grant Agreements or Contracts
Foundations may also wish to include specific language on whole family strategies in grant agreements, particularly as it relates to metrics and accountability.
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation has a sample grant agreement that can be adapted to individual foundation contexts.